Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome to Atlanta


Hey guys! Decided I should jump on the bandwagon and see how this goes...

The past few months have been nuts (and flown by)! I graduated in May, went to Europe for 2 weeks and then moved to Atlanta for work on June 10! Atlanta has been a blast so far! I will share some of the highlights:

1) grits- living in the south sure does have its food perks.  I used to hate grits before I moved here and now I can't get enough of them!
2) Piedmont Park- absolutely beautiful park that has an amazing view of Midtown!  One of the best parts about the park is Park Tavern, which is an awesome outdoor restaurant/bar in the park with live music on Sunday nights!
3) Lake Lanier (above picture)-  Thankfully one of my friend's in ATL has a boat which has led to many fun Saturdays on the lake! 
4) Fried chicken and waffles- I live in Atlanta... Although I have never had this southern classic, I sure do appreciate seeing it on menus.
5)Trees- Atlanta is so green! There are trees everywhere, which make it a very pretty big city (coming from DFW, it's not too hard to be prettier)
6) Meeting new people-  I have realized in the past few months how much I enjoy this!  To think all the people I know that I didn't know before I moved here makes me feel so blessed!
7) Eastern Time Zone-  5pm comes sooner here! Although I wish that didn't mean I was 3 hours ahead of Natalie and Jeff in Cali.
8) my job- the whole reason I moved here, I should love it! Working for an agency is definitely crazy at times but it keeps me on my toes.
9) Battling SEC fans- wow are these football fans intense! Not only do I have to cheer on my SOONERS I have to defend the Big 12 (which is hard to do this year)
10) Stone Mountain- this crazy stone mountain (go figure) in the middle of nowhere (Sue swears it is a meteor and killed off the dinosaurs) that is so fun to hike/ run up! The view when you get to the top is breath-taking!

So, needless to say life is good!
Although my Sooners lost yesterday, this weekend was definitely a successful one! I swear every day I am here is a blessing and things just keep getting better and better!


2 comments: